AI-GEOSTATS: Indicator kriging variance?

  • vanessa stelzenmüller
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 21, 2002
      Dear list members,

      I'm working at an application of Indicator Kriging in
      Fisheries and I wonder how to interpret the Indicator
      kriging variance ?
      Is it justanother kind of kriging variance ? or
      Is it usless when talking about a non-parametric
      version of OK?

      I'm looking forward for your comments...

      Best wishes
      Vanessa

      =====
      Vanessa Stelzenmüller,PhD-Student
      ICBM, Dep. Aquatic Ecology
      C.v.O University of Oldenburg
      P.O. Box 2503
      26111 Oldenburg
      <º)))>< <º)))><
      Tel:+49 441-798 3306, Fax:+49 441-798 3701

      Möchten Sie mit einem Gruß antworten? http://grusskarten.yahoo.de

    • Syed Abdul Rahman Shibli
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 21, 2002
        Practically speaking you're trying to generate
        a posterior PDF at each location, so the indicator
        kriging variance might have little or no use.

        >I'm working at an application of Indicator Kriging in
        >Fisheries and I wonder how to interpret the Indicator
        >kriging variance ?
        >Is it justanother kind of kriging variance ? or
        >Is it usless when talking about a non-parametric
        >version of OK?
        >
        >I'm looking forward for your comments...
        >
        >Best wishes
        >Vanessa
        >
        >=====
        >Vanessa Stelzenmüller,PhD-Student
        >ICBM, Dep. Aquatic Ecology
        >C.v.O University of Oldenburg
        >P.O. Box 2503
        >26111 Oldenburg
        >Tel:+49 441-798 3306, Fax:+49 441-798 3701

        >Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - http://mail.yahoo.de
        >Möchten Sie mit einem Gruß antworten? http://grusskarten.yahoo.de
        >
        >--
        >* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any
        useful responses to your questions.