AI-GEOSTATS: nested models??

  • Carolina Garcia Imhof
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 21, 2002
      Dear list members,
      I have started using geostats only this year and therefore I appologise that my
      questions are too basic for this discussion list...
      I am using Variowin 2.2 and GeoEAS 1.2.1 to analise my data, and an early
      version of Surfer to contour the distribution. However, I've encountered various
      problems:
      1. When I use latitude and longitude in my DAT file, in what units is the
      variogram x-axis (h)?
      2. Surfer doesnt understand the grid file created by GeoEAS KRIGE. How do I
      transfer my results to surfer (until now, I've used the estimated values from
      cross validation to have surfer generate a grid file)?
      3. My variogram shows completely different behaviour from distance A to B, than
      for distance B to C. I've tried fitting various nested models, but I havent been
      able to come out with a good fit for the whole variogram. Is it possible to
      analise A-B data separately from B-C data?

      Thanks,
      Carolina

      Carolina Garcia Imhof
      Marine Mammal Research Group