Re: AI-GEOSTATS: "Mixed Support" Kriging

  • wharper
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2002
      Fanie,

      For starters you may want to read about "support" or the "volume-variance relationship" to get a feel for what is going on. A freebie on this may be found at http://uk.geocities.com/drisobelclark/practica.html in
      Isobel Clark's 1979 Practical Geostatistics chapter 3 titled "The Volume-Variance Relationship". In essence larger samples can be expected to have smaller variances.

      Bill

      --
      William V. Harper, Mathematical Sciences, Otterbein College
      Towers Hall 136, One Otterbein College