AI-GEOSTATS: PCI's Geomatica FreeView
- Here is some news I wanted to announce to the GIS/Geomatics users on this list.
PCI Geomatics is distributing FREE copies of their "Geomatica FreeView" software for the education, government and commercial sectors. "Geomatica FreeView" is being offered as a public service to the community. This geomatics software package will allow a user to:
1) View, pan, zoom and enhance any number of imagery, at any depth, any size, or any resolution
2) Access 80+ different raster/vector formats directly in their native format without need for import first
3) Overlay GIS vector data ( SHP, TAB etc...) and view their attribute tables
4) Integrate different data types with different projections that use on-the-fly reprojection capabilities
5) Support for common formats such as SHP, e00, DXF, MID/MIF/TAB, DGN, ECW/ERS, IMG/GIS/LAN, BMP/GIF/JPG, RGB/COT/CFL, HDR, TIFF/GEOTIFF, MrSID, Oracle 8i Spatial/GeoImage, HDF-EOS (MODIS), ASTER, LANDSAT 5/7, SPOT, RADARSAT, IKONOS, ERS-1/2, AVHRR, NITF, SDTS, DTED etc...etc...etc..
"Geomatica FreeView" can be directly downloaded from PCI's website at http://www.pcigeomatics.com/freeware/download_form_freeview.htm . If you have a CD Writer or Burner, PCI will even send you a CD in the mail so you can make as many CD's as you need of the "Geomatica FreeView" software to distribute as you wish to anyone without any license restrictions. You can even download "Geomatica FreeView" and provide it on your own FTP site if you want.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]