Re: AI-GEOSTATS: Spanish geostatistical terminology

  • Heinz Burger
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 6, 2001
      Nikos Nanos schrieb:

      > Hello, I have a question of a linguistic rather than statistical
      > nature, for Spanish speakers of the list regarding some geostatistical
      > terms.Which could be the Spanish term for kriging (krigeaje ???) or
      > for the sill,range and nugget of a variogram ?Or some others : hole
      > effect, omnidirectional variogram, indicator and disjunctive kriging.

      Hello Nikos!

      There exist a Multilingual Dictionary published by Ricardo Olea in
      a series of the Int. Ass. Math. Geol.: Studies in Math. Geology,
      Vol. 3, Oxford Univ. Press 1991.
      Thera are also some textbooks in Spanish which will be easier
      available in Spain e.g.
      Geoestadistica - Aplicaciones a la hidrogeologia subterranea.-
      F. Javier Samper Calvete & Jesus Carrera Pamirez
      Centro Int. Metodos Numericos en Ingeniera, Univ. Polit.
      de Catalunya, Barcelona.

      A quick help from Ricardo's dict.:

      kriging: krigeeado, krigeage
      sill: meseta
      range: a) amplitud b) alcance
      indicator: indicador
      disj. k.: krigeage disyuntivo
      nugget effect: efecto pepita
      hole effect: efecto agujero

      omnidirectional: variograma isotropo (I suppose)

      Regards,

      Heinz Burger
      Dr. Heinz Burger
      Freie Universitaet Berlin
      - Geoinformatik -
      Malteserstr. 74-100
      12249 BERLIN, Germany
      Tel. (49) 30-838-70561 Fax: (49) 30-775-2075
      e-mail: hburger@...-berlin.de
      Web-Seite: http://userpage.fu-berlin.de/~hburger/hb