AI-GEOSTATS: Grade Tonnage Curves

  • Mark Burnett Deelkraal
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2002
      Hi All

      A quick one: Grade tonnage curves.

      1. Any good books/ articles that take you through the process (including
      potential pit falls, no puns intended!).?

      2. If I calculate a point grade tonnage curve (using the sample sections),
      then one using e.g. 10x10 blocks then 30x30 until I reach the size of the
      entire ore body, should I see a change in the ore body grade?

      I can understand that my average mining grade is dependent on block size
      (change of support, mining method mix etc etc), however the ore body grade
      should be the same regardless of block size used.

      Any feed back would be welcome.

      Thanks

      M. Burnett

      Ore Reserve Manager