Re: AI-GEOSTATS: Spanish geostatistical terminology

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 5, 2001
      Nikos

      Some years ago the International Association for
      Mathematical Geology published a multi-lingual
      geostatistical glossary master-minded by Ricardo Olea.
      It has all the relevant terms in all the relevant
      languages!

      Isobel Clark

    • Heinz Burger
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 6, 2001
        Nikos Nanos schrieb:

        > Hello, I have a question of a linguistic rather than statistical
        > nature, for Spanish speakers of the list regarding some geostatistical
        > terms.Which could be the Spanish term for kriging (krigeaje ???) or
        > for the sill,range and nugget of a variogram ?Or some others : hole
        > effect, omnidirectional variogram, indicator and disjunctive kriging.

        Hello Nikos!

        There exist a Multilingual Dictionary published by Ricardo Olea in
        a series of the Int. Ass. Math. Geol.: Studies in Math. Geology,
        Vol. 3, Oxford Univ. Press 1991.
        Thera are also some textbooks in Spanish which will be easier
        available in Spain e.g.
        Geoestadistica - Aplicaciones a la hidrogeologia subterranea.-
        F. Javier Samper Calvete & Jesus Carrera Pamirez
        Centro Int. Metodos Numericos en Ingeniera, Univ. Polit.
        de Catalunya, Barcelona.

        A quick help from Ricardo's dict.:

        kriging: krigeeado, krigeage
        sill: meseta
        range: a) amplitud b) alcance
        indicator: indicador
        disj. k.: krigeage disyuntivo
        nugget effect: efecto pepita
        hole effect: efecto agujero

        omnidirectional: variograma isotropo (I suppose)

        Regards,

        Heinz Burger
        Dr. Heinz Burger
        Freie Universitaet Berlin
        - Geoinformatik -
        Malteserstr. 74-100
        12249 BERLIN, Germany
        Tel. (49) 30-838-70561 Fax: (49) 30-775-2075
        e-mail: hburger@...-berlin.de
        Web-Seite: http://userpage.fu-berlin.de/~hburger/hb