Re: AI-GEOSTATS: measurement error variance
- The nugget effect can be related with:
a) Short range variability.
b) Measurement error.
Some times when your data is spaced appear a nugget effect, it can be solved
by including more closed samples in variograms or analysing the behaviour in
les spaced data in separated variograms.
Then having the short variability you or measurement error you can separate
both components of the nugget (variance at ~0 distance).
Note: I have never see these in any paper, it is based in logic, the I
suggest to you base your analysis in quality more than in quantity.
Adrian Mart�nez Vargas
ISMM, Las coloradas s/n
Moa Holgu�n Cuba
----- Original Message -----
From: Celia Bulit
To: lista Geostats
Sent: Saturday, August 10, 2002 11:24 AM
Subject: AI-GEOSTATS: measurement error variance
has anyone some suggestions for estimating the measurement error variance as
a component of the nugget, based on replicates data ?
Thank you for your attention
Depto. El Hombre y su Ambiente
Calzada del Hueso 1100
04960 M�xico D.F.
* To post a message to the list, send it to ai-geostats@...
* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any
useful responses to your questions.
* To unsubscribe, send an email to majordomo@... with no subject and
"unsubscribe ai-geostats" followed by "end" on the next line in the message
body. DO NOT SEND Subscribe/Unsubscribe requests to the list
* Support to the list is provided at http://www.ai-geostats.org