AI-GEOSTATS: Spanish geostatistical terminology

  • Nikos Nanos
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 5, 2001
      Hello,

      I have a question of a linguistic rather than statistical nature, for Spanish speakers of the list regarding some geostatistical terms.
      Which could be the Spanish term for kriging (krigeaje ???) or for the sill,range and nugget of a variogram ?
      Or some others : hole effect, omnidirectional variogram, indicator and disjunctive kriging.

      Thanks in advance
      Nikos

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 5, 2001
        Nikos

        Some years ago the International Association for
        Mathematical Geology published a multi-lingual
        geostatistical glossary master-minded by Ricardo Olea.
        It has all the relevant terms in all the relevant
        languages!

        Isobel Clark

      • Heinz Burger
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 6, 2001
          Nikos Nanos schrieb:

          > Hello, I have a question of a linguistic rather than statistical
          > nature, for Spanish speakers of the list regarding some geostatistical
          > terms.Which could be the Spanish term for kriging (krigeaje ???) or
          > for the sill,range and nugget of a variogram ?Or some others : hole
          > effect, omnidirectional variogram, indicator and disjunctive kriging.

          Hello Nikos!

          There exist a Multilingual Dictionary published by Ricardo Olea in
          a series of the Int. Ass. Math. Geol.: Studies in Math. Geology,
          Vol. 3, Oxford Univ. Press 1991.
          Thera are also some textbooks in Spanish which will be easier
          available in Spain e.g.
          Geoestadistica - Aplicaciones a la hidrogeologia subterranea.-
          F. Javier Samper Calvete & Jesus Carrera Pamirez
          Centro Int. Metodos Numericos en Ingeniera, Univ. Polit.
          de Catalunya, Barcelona.

          A quick help from Ricardo's dict.:

          kriging: krigeeado, krigeage
          sill: meseta
          range: a) amplitud b) alcance
          indicator: indicador
          disj. k.: krigeage disyuntivo
          nugget effect: efecto pepita
          hole effect: efecto agujero

          omnidirectional: variograma isotropo (I suppose)

          Regards,

          Heinz Burger
          Dr. Heinz Burger
          Freie Universitaet Berlin
          - Geoinformatik -
          Malteserstr. 74-100
          12249 BERLIN, Germany
          Tel. (49) 30-838-70561 Fax: (49) 30-775-2075
          e-mail: hburger@...-berlin.de
          Web-Seite: http://userpage.fu-berlin.de/~hburger/hb