Re: AI-GEOSTATS: geostatistical mapping of unexploded ordnance

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 9, 2002
      Hi Richard,

      Complete randomness is surely not desirable since then
      spatial interpolation would be quite simple....
      You can check
      http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~goovaert/publication.html
      for a 2002 publication on the subject.

      Pierre Goovaerts

      ________ ________
      | \ / | Pierre Goovaerts
      |_ \ / _| Assistant professor
      | | The University of Michigan
      _| |_\ /_| |_
      | |\ /| | E-mail: goovaert@...
      |________| \/ |________| Phone: (734) 936-0141
      Fax: (734) 763-2275

      On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, Richard Satkin wrote:

      > Hello. I am using magnetic techniques to locate potential unexploded
      > ordnance (UXO) and would like to apply IK to map the likelihood of
      > UXO. Confirmed locations of UXO are assigned 1 and non-related metal
      > items are assigned a value of 0. Does the use of IK or for that
      > matter OK assume homogeneity or complete spatial randomness for the
      > area of study? If so, what tests do you recommend for validating the
      > assumption of homogeneity? Thank you.
      >

      > Richard Satkin
      > richard.satkin@...
      > Parsons - Atlanta, GA