Re: AI-GEOSTATS: Optimal Kriging parameters

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 9, 2002
      Hi Eva

      You have your questions the wrong way round. Once you
      find the semi-variogram model for your particular
      application, the kriging system should povide you with
      a measure of 'goodness' of the estimator. It is
      usually called the 'kriging standard error' or
      sometimes software provides the kriging variance.

      Please feel free to download a free copy of my (old)
      book at
      http://uk.geocities.com/drisobelclark/practica.html

      It is only 125 A5 pages long and you can skip a lot of
      that to get what you need. Alternatively download my
      RSMA article which says much the same thing in 500
      words. Find this on
      http://uk.geocities.com/drisobelclark/resume/Publications.html

      Mind the capital P on Publications ;-)

      Hope this helps