AI-GEOSTATS: variogram model of n-scores in SGS

  • Carlo Cardellini
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 8, 2002
      Hello,
      I have a question about the variogram model of normal scores to use as
      input in the sequential gaussian simulation: the sill must be 1? and if
      this is necessary, if the experimenal variogram of the normal scores
      presents an higher sill what is better to do?.... use model with sill 1 or
      use the "true" model?
      Thank you in advance to everyone.
      Sincerelly,
      Carlo

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 8, 2002
        Hi Carlo,

        Note that a sill strongly different from 1 would
        mean that the assumption of 2nd order stationarity
        underlying SGS is not met.

        I wouldn't force the sill to be one when
        fitting the model and you have to use a unit sill
        model in the simulation program for consistency.
        If the deviation is not larger than say 0.1,
        I would fit the model to the
        experimental values and then rescale the
        fitted sills so that they sum to 1 for use
        in the simulation program.

        Pierre

        | \ / | Pierre Goovaerts
        |_ \ / _| Assistant professor