AI-GEOSTATS: SUMMARY(1): geostatistical references in foreign languages.

  • Gregoire Dubois
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 2002
      Dear all,

      I asked recently about resources on the internet (online tutorials, collection
      of related links) & books about geostatistics in foreign languages. I received
      the following suggestions. I still hope to collect more information, so please
      don't hesitate to drop me a line (i.e. French & Russian references would be
      welcome since major developments in the field have been made in Russia &
      France in the early days of geostatistics ).

      The following will be added on the web site when I will do the next update:

      ---------------------------------------
      GERMAN

      - http://www.geostatistik.de/ (already listed)

      - A nice tutorial based on a case study is available at
      http://castafiore.uni-muenster.de/vorlesungen/Num_Modellierung/Raum_Interpol/KrigingSemiar_1_Teil.html

      ---------------------------------------
      PORTUGUESE

      - A book in portuguese about statistical analysis applied to geological data
      with the last chapter concerning statistical analysis is:

      Paulo Milton Barbosa Landim (1998) -

      Análise Estatística de Dados Geológicos: Fundação Editora da UNESP/ISBN
      85-7139-166-1.

      - Tutorials in portuguese (textos didáticos) are available at
      http://www.rc.unesp.br/igce/aplicada/landim.html.

      ---------------------------------------
      SPANISH

      - A book of linear geostatistics with applications to
      mining and agriculture in spanish was published by the
      Department of Mining Engineering at the Universidad de
      Chile.

      "Geoestadistica Lineal" by Xavier Emery, 411 pages, Nov. 2000.

      The book can be obtained from

      http://www.minas.cec.uchile.cl/catedras.htm#A

      Other suggestions ???

      Best regards,