AI-GEOSTATS: The analysis of non-independent 2 X 2 contingency tables?

  • daixiaohua@peoplemail.com.cn
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2002
      Dear Listers,

      I have presented a related question very early, which is still under solution. Sorry for not making my question clear. Given that {N(i,j)} i,j = 1,2,..., ; N(i,j) = 0,1,2,.... is a r X r contingency table, how to analyse the non-independent 2 X 2 tables /N(i,i), N(i,j), N(j,i), N(j,j)/ ? Does the usual chi-square test work? Could you suggest me some readings? I will summary the answers for both questions.
      Thanks a lot!

      p.s. notes to ecologists: N(i,j) stands for individuals of species i whose nearest neighbour is an individual of species j (Pielou, 1961), which is used to compute the coefficient of segregation. N(i,j) is not necessarily equal to N(j,i).

      2002-05-07

      Xiaohua Dai (Mr.)
      '2000 PhD student,Institute of Botany,
      School of Life Sciences,Sun Yat-Sen University,
      Guangzhou, Guangdong Province,P.R.China
      Zip Code: 510275
      Tel: 0086-20-84111117 (Room)
      Email: dxhchina@...