Re: AI-GEOSTATS: Generating skewed distributions
- Yes. Generate a Gaussian random field, add a deterministic trend
surface, and take the exponent or a power transform of the sum.
William Thayer wrote:
> I am interested in comparing different estimators of spatial means. Any
> suggestions or approaches on how to generate a 2-D, autocorrelated, skewed
> distribution that exhibits non-stationary mean and variance?
* To post a message to the list, send it to ai-geostats@...
* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful responses to your questions.
* To unsubscribe, send an email to majordomo@... with no subject and "unsubscribe ai-geostats" followed by "end" on the next line in the message body. DO NOT SEND Subscribe/Unsubscribe requests to the list
* Support to the list is provided at http://www.ai-geostats.org