AI-GEOSTATS: Statistical tests to support stationarity and isotropy hypotheses ?

  • yves.claveau@mnr.gov.on.ca
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2002
      Dear colleagues,
      I am new in the business of spatial statistics so I hope my question
      does not sound too obvious.

      From my readings on spatial correlation, I know I can have reliable
      confidence intervals for Moran's I and Geary's c as long as I respect two
      hypotheses: second-order stationarity and isotropy. How can I formally test
      these two hypotheses? If such test exists, is it implemented in a software
      or a presented in a paper or a book?

      So far, my readings (3 books and 1 course notes, archive of present
      mailing list) show graphical methods to verify them but none of them present
      a statistical test as we can see in "classical" statistics.

      Thank you in advance for your help,

      Yves Claveau

      Yves Claveau, M.Sc. F.
      Ontario Forest Research Institute