AI-GEOSTATS: smoothing effect of the variogram

  • Adrián Martínez Vargas
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2002
      I'm working in resource estimation of a lateritic orebody, the data is a
      drill grid 33x33 spaced the samples are 1m long. The question is:

      How can I test the influence of the smoothing effect of the variogram,
      considering that in few cases the range of the experimental variogram is in
      the range of 8 to 10 meters (obtained by more closed data).

      I'm worry to because the size of the sample is comparable with the size of
      the block, it have influence in the block variance calculation?

      king regards

      Adrian Martínez Vargas
      Ing. Geolólo (profesor)
      Istituto Superior Minero Metalúrgico (ISMM)
      Las Coloradas, s/n
      Reparto Caribe.
      Moa, Holguín, Cuba
      CP 83329