In Variowin Help appear
In order to reduce the size of the pair comparison file, and hence the
memory requirements of PREVAR2D and VARIO2DP, a Pair Comparison File can be
constructed from subsets of the available data :
1) Subsets can be based on maximum difference in X and/or Y coordinates
using the Settings | X and Y coordinates... menu item.
2) Subsets can be based on acceptable ranges of variables values using
the Settings | Limits... menu item.
In practice it is the same to not include in the analysis the lag that are
not in the range of maximum difference in X and/or Y.
The formula maximum lag = sqr(dx^2 + dy^2) is to rigid, in practice the
maximum lag depend of the objective of your work, some times the larges lag
give you interesting information for understand the behavior of the data. If
you pretend to utilize the variogram to estimate, refine shortest lags.
Adrian Martínez Vargas
Ing. Geolólo (profesor)
Istituto Superior Minero Metalúrgico (ISMM)
Las Coloradas, s/n
Moa, Holguín, Cuba
E. Mail: amvargas@...
De: Peter Bossew [mailto:p.bossew@...
Enviado el: martes, 22 de enero de 2002 8:33
Asunto: AI-GEOSTATS: Variowin Maximal distance option
* To post a message to the list, send it to ai-geostats@...
* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful responses to your questions.
* To unsubscribe, send an email to majordomo@...
with no subject and "unsubscribe ai-geostats" followed by "end" on the next line in the message body. DO NOT SEND Subscribe/Unsubscribe requests to the list
* Support to the list is provided at http://www.ai-geostats.org