AI-GEOSTATS: Matlab contiguity matrices

  • Munroe, Darla
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2002
      Hello,

      I am trying to create a contiguity matrix using Matlab - I have x,y coords,
      and would like to create a (sparse) weights matrix of 0,1 for immediate
      neighbors.

      I've been trying to use the Spatial Econometrics Toolbox for Matlab, which I
      guess is Pace and Kelley function - xy2cont, but for some reason it is not
      working - it deletes one observation, so I end up with a non-square matrix.
      Another person I know has had the EXACT same problem.

      Has anyone used this toolbox? Is it buggy? The only inputs are two
      matrices xcoord and ycoord, and it doesn't even work for a small sample I
      created.

      Is there anything else out there, that anyone knows of? (e.g., Matlab
      routines for creating sparse weights matrices?)

      Any advice would be appreciated.
      Best,
      Darla Munroe