Re: AI-GEOSTATS: Data on varying support sizes.

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 16, 2002
      Dear Noemi

      The handling of different support in a kriging system
      goes all the way back to Matheron's work in the 60's.
      In fact, that is probably why it caught on in mining
      so well. The length of drillcore can be handled quite
      simply, once you have a 'point' semi-variogram model.

      There is a whole chapter on this in my old book,
      Practical Geostatistics (1979) which can be downloaded
      free from the Web at:

      http://uk.geocities.com/drisobelclark/practica.html

      The details on handling different support are also
      discussed in my 1977 paper "Practical kriging in three
      dimensions", Computers and Geosciences, Vol 3, pp.173-
      180 which can be downloaded via my 'briefcase' at
      http://uk.geocities.com/drisobelclark/briefcase.html.

      Your biggest problem is that most (sic) software does
      not deal with this problem, but assumes all samples to
      be of equivalent support.

      Please feel free to contact me if you have any
      detailed questions
      Isobel Clark

      http://uk.my.yahoo.com