AI-GEOSTATS: interannual spatial "stability" of variable

  • Chris Duke
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 13, 2001
      Hi, we have multiyear point data (gridded) of a measured variable, Y,
      from farm fields and there are spatial patterns to Y. We want to
      measure the degree of similarity of these patterns from year to year.
      Could someone please point me in a direction or provide references?
      thanks, chris

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 13, 2001
        Chris

        There are two ways of approaching data which has a
        time element:

        (1) treat time as a co-variable and use co-kriging.
        You would probably want to do this if you have more
        than one variable anyway

        (2) treat time as a dimension -- as an additional
        co-ordinate. If your original data is two-dimensional,
        you can use any normal 3d geostat package for this. If
        your original data is already 3d, things get a little
        more complicated.

        Good place to start would be Geostat Congress Volumes
        or Noel Cressie's book.

        Isobel Clark

        http://uk.my.yahoo.com