AI-GEOSTATS: SUMMARY: Simulating spatial autocorrelation?

  • Mark C Andersen
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2001
      Hello all,

      Yesterday morning I asked for pointers to software and
      algorithms, preferably MATLAB, that could simulate spatially-
      autocorrelated and/or fractal 2D patterns. Here is a summary
      of replies.

      1) Brian R Gray [brgray@...] suggested simply using PROC
      SIM2D in SAS.

      2) Yetta Jager [zij@...] has used Gstat. Her results are
      documented at http://www.esd.ornl.gov/~zij/, and Gstat is at
      http://www.geog.uu.nl/gstat/.

      3) W. W. Hargrove [hnw@...] suggests that I take
      a look at the Fractal Realizer (http://research.esd.ornl.gov/realizer).

      4) Marc Serre [marc_serre@...] recommends BMElib, which does
      have the advantage of being MATLAB code. You can find out more about
      BMElib at http://www.unc.edu/depts/case/BMELIB/.

      Not being a SAS user, I'm pursuing the latter three, all of which
      appear likely to be useful to me. Thanks for all responses.

      regards,
      Mark A.

      Dr. Mark C. Andersen, Associate Professor
      Department of Fishery and Wildlife Sciences
      Campus Box 4901
      New Mexico State University
      Las Cruces, NM 88003-0003
      phone: 505-646-8034