AI-GEOSTATS: SUMMARY: Simulating spatial autocorrelation?
- Hello all,
Yesterday morning I asked for pointers to software and
algorithms, preferably MATLAB, that could simulate spatially-
autocorrelated and/or fractal 2D patterns. Here is a summary
1) Brian R Gray [brgray@...] suggested simply using PROC
SIM2D in SAS.
2) Yetta Jager [zij@...] has used Gstat. Her results are
documented at http://www.esd.ornl.gov/~zij/, and Gstat is at
3) W. W. Hargrove [hnw@...] suggests that I take
a look at the Fractal Realizer (http://research.esd.ornl.gov/realizer).
4) Marc Serre [marc_serre@...] recommends BMElib, which does
have the advantage of being MATLAB code. You can find out more about
BMElib at http://www.unc.edu/depts/case/BMELIB/.
Not being a SAS user, I'm pursuing the latter three, all of which
appear likely to be useful to me. Thanks for all responses.
Dr. Mark C. Andersen, Associate Professor
Department of Fishery and Wildlife Sciences
Campus Box 4901
New Mexico State University
Las Cruces, NM 88003-0003
* To post a message to the list, send it to ai-geostats@...
* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful responses to your questions.
* To unsubscribe, send an email to majordomo@... with no subject and "unsubscribe ai-geostats" followed by "end" on the next line in the message body. DO NOT SEND Subscribe/Unsubscribe requests to the list
* Support to the list is provided at http://www.ai-geostats.org