Re: AI-GEOSTATS: ai-geostats: Simulating spatial autocorrelation?

  • Marc Serre
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2001
      Mark,
      Try BMElib, at http://www.unc.edu/depts/case/BMELIB/

      Example 1: Generate a field on a 10Km by 10Km grid with 1Km increment
      using an exponential covariance with variance=4, range=5Km and
      mean=12,

      [X Y]=meshgrid(0:10,0:10);
      covmodel='exponentialC';
      covparam=[4 5];
      z=12+simuchol([X(:) Y(:)],covmodel,covparam);
      pcolor(X,Y,reshape(z,11,11));

      See fig1.jpeg

      Example 2: Generate a field at 40 random points in the same domain
      using the same covariance and mean:

      p=10*rand(40,2);
      Z=12+simuchol(p,covmodel,covparam);
      colorplot(p,Z);

      See fig2.jpeg

      Note, attached is the MATLAB file used to generate the jpeg figures
      included in this email.

      Cheers,
      Marc Serre
      Research Assistant Professor
      Center for the Advanced Study of the Environment (CASE)
      Department of Environmental Sciences and Engineering (DESE)
      CB 7400, 104 Rosenau Hall
      Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7431, USA
      e-mail: marc_serre@...
      phone: 919-966-7014