Re: AI-GEOSTATS: geology + geoestatistic

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2001
      Some of the first ever applications of geostatistics
      were made by Andre Journel in the early 1970s. There
      are case studies in the book Minin Geostatistics by
      Journel and Huijbregts, first published by Academic
      Press in 1978.

      Isobel Clark
      http://uk.geocities.com/drisobelclark

      Nokia Game is on again.
      Go to http://uk.yahoo.com/nokiagame/ and join the new
      all media adventure before November 3rd.

    • Marcel Vallée
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2001
        Adrian

        It is very difficult to respond to your querry as it provides no physical information whatever, except type of deposit, regarding the characteristics of the information grid available (type of sampling, sample
        distribution-grid dimensions, etc.).

        The value of geostatistics and how far you can push its use, depend on the adequacy of the sampling network for the purpose you have in mind, ranging from initial resource estimation to feasibility level
        resource/reserve estimation or to mining quality control.

        Regards

        Marcel Vallée Geo. Ing.

        Géoconseil Marcel Vallée Inc.
        706 Routhier Ave