AI-GEOSTATS: geology + geoestatistic

  • Adrián Martínez Vargas
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2001
      Hi everybody

      I'm geology engineering and I work in the research related with Lateritic
      Ores Bodies of Nickel, and I have some doubts in the applications of
      geoestatistical techniques, relate with the geological conditions of those
      ores bodies:

      The ask is:

      Ho has information about this.

      Adrian Martínez Vargas
      ISMM, Dpto. de Geología.
      Rpto. Las Coloradas, s/n,
      Moa, Holguín, Cuba.
      CP 83329.
      E Mail amvargas@...

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2001
        Some of the first ever applications of geostatistics
        were made by Andre Journel in the early 1970s. There
        are case studies in the book Minin Geostatistics by
        Journel and Huijbregts, first published by Academic
        Press in 1978.

        Isobel Clark
        http://uk.geocities.com/drisobelclark

        Nokia Game is on again.
        Go to http://uk.yahoo.com/nokiagame/ and join the new
        all media adventure before November 3rd.

      • Marcel Vallée
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2001
          Adrian

          It is very difficult to respond to your querry as it provides no physical information whatever, except type of deposit, regarding the characteristics of the information grid available (type of sampling, sample
          distribution-grid dimensions, etc.).

          The value of geostatistics and how far you can push its use, depend on the adequacy of the sampling network for the purpose you have in mind, ranging from initial resource estimation to feasibility level
          resource/reserve estimation or to mining quality control.

          Regards

          Marcel Vallée Geo. Ing.

          Géoconseil Marcel Vallée Inc.
          706 Routhier Ave