AI-GEOSTATS: fish eggs and semivariograms

  • Olive Heffernan
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2001
      Dear all,
      I am currently working on a project, part of which involves estimating the scale at which
      pelagic eggs of various commercial fish species aggregate. Could anyone tell me how to
      convert lag distances from degrees (of longitude and latitude) to distance in kilometres
      prior to inputting the data into the semivariogram model? Is this performed by
      determining the distance from each sampling station to a fixed point, such as the coast? I
      am very new to geostats and would appreciate any help,

      Thank you!