AI-GEOSTATS: spatial logistic regression

  • "Stüger, Hans-Peter"
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 20, 2001
      Hi
      I´m looking for datasets for teaching purposes about spatial logistic
      regression. Maybe someone can send me some data or give me a hint where to
      find one.
      Thanks

      > Mag. Hans Peter Stüger
      > JOANNEUM RESEARCH
      > Institut für Angewandte Statistik und Systemanalyse
      > Institute of Applied Statistics and Systems Analysis
      > Steyrergasse 25a, A-8010 Graz
      > Austria
      > Tel.: (++43 316) 876-1562
      > Fax.: (++43 316) 876-9-1562
      > mailto:hans-peter.stueger@...

    • Munroe, Darla
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 21, 2001
        Hi, Hans -

        There are a couple of techniques floating around; none of the ones currently
        published work that well. Robin Dubin of Case Western University has
        written a few papers with a "spatial logit" model - she conditions a logit
        on spatial dependence from a prior period, so it is not truly a spatial
        autoregressive model.

        Many authors have worked with the probit model (which as you know is derived
        from a normal distribution), and modeled spatial dependence as a sort of
        spatially induced heteroskedasticity (Joris Pinske at UBC is the main guy
        for this). James LeSage at OSU has developed a Bayesian probit, but I have
        heard that the estimators are biased.

        Wim Vijverberg at UTexas Dallas has developed a spatial probit, which I
        think is the only model out there which estimates the full structure of
        spatial dependence. Luc Anselin and others at Illinois are working on their
        own version of this model (Vijverberg doesn't like to share his code), but
        as far as I know they haven't published anything yet.

        Check out the following:

        http://bee.econ.ubc.ca/ (Joris Pinske's homepage)
        http://www.utdallas.edu/~vijver/ (Wim Vijverberg's homepage)

        There is code for Robin Dubin's spatial probit in New Directions in Spatial
        Econometrics, Florax and Anselin eds, 1995. (But - as I said, it's not
        really a full SAR model).

        Hope this is helpful,
        Darla Munroe

        I´m looking for datasets for teaching purposes about spatial logistic
        regression. Maybe someone can send me some data or give me a hint where to
        find one.
        Thanks

        > Mag. Hans Peter Stüger
        > JOANNEUM RESEARCH
        > Institut für Angewandte Statistik und Systemanalyse
        > Institute of Applied Statistics and Systems Analysis
        > Steyrergasse 25a, A-8010 Graz
        > Austria
        > Tel.: (++43 316) 876-1562
        > Fax.: (++43 316) 876-9-1562