Re: AI-GEOSTATS: Summary of questions asked

  • Digby Millikan
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 18, 2001
      Mark,
      We and I speak on behalf of Australians that we also offer our sincere
      condolences for this terrible tragedy in the United States.

      Regarding your questions;
      You can determine a sample spacing based on what confidence you want in
      estimates e.g. Isobel Clark has pointed out that for measured you may choose
      the kriging variance for your estimates is less than the sample variance.
      There
      are a number of published figures of kriging variance relating to resource
      classification.
      As you say this may be a hangover from sample spacings chosen by D.G. Krige
      determined many years ago which hence have been adopted as a standard on
      assumption of similar gold variability among these mines.

      Hope these comments are of some help to you (at least me!)

      Regards Digby Millikan
      Geolite Mining Systems
      www.ozemail.com.au
      digbym@...