Re: AI-GEOSTATS: Anisotropy with varying Range and Sill

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 10, 2001
      Any basic Geostatistics book will show you models with
      varying ranges and sills with direction.

      Except mine. We believe that sill varying with
      direction is a symptom of deeper problems such as
      non-stationarity, trend, discontinuities, etc etc.

      Isobel Clark
      http://uk.geocities.com/drisobelclark

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 10, 2001
          On Monday, September 10, 2001, at 12:19 PM, Isobel Clark wrote:

          > Any basic Geostatistics book will show you models with
          > varying ranges and sills with direction.
          >
          > Except mine. We believe that sill varying with
          > direction is a symptom of deeper problems such as
          > non-stationarity, trend, discontinuities, etc etc.

          I'd be a bit suspicious if the sill changes in the X and
          Y directions, but probably not as much if comparing
          the horizontal sill to a (normally) different vertical value,
          due to the gravity component.

          Syed

        • Syed Shibli
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 10, 2001