AI-GEOSTATS: Anisotropy with varying Range and Sill

  • Yadollah Waghei
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 9, 2001
      Hi AI-Geostats member
      I have an Anisotropic Spatial Data Set on which,Sill and Range (and also nugget effect) are both varying with direction, I need a method or refrence article for modelling the variogram structure of such data in 2-Dim. space.
      Please introduce a method and/or a reference article, if you know.
      Yours Sincerely: Y. Waghei
      Dep.of Biostatistics
      Tarbiat Modarres Un.
      Tehran
      Tel:8011001-3872

      Visit http://www.visto.com
      Find out how companies are linking mobile users to the
      enterprise with Visto.

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 10, 2001
        Any basic Geostatistics book will show you models with
        varying ranges and sills with direction.

        Except mine. We believe that sill varying with
        direction is a symptom of deeper problems such as
        non-stationarity, trend, discontinuities, etc etc.

        Isobel Clark
        http://uk.geocities.com/drisobelclark

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 10, 2001
            On Monday, September 10, 2001, at 12:19 PM, Isobel Clark wrote:

            > Any basic Geostatistics book will show you models with
            > varying ranges and sills with direction.
            >
            > Except mine. We believe that sill varying with
            > direction is a symptom of deeper problems such as
            > non-stationarity, trend, discontinuities, etc etc.

            I'd be a bit suspicious if the sill changes in the X and
            Y directions, but probably not as much if comparing
            the horizontal sill to a (normally) different vertical value,
            due to the gravity component.

            Syed

          • Syed Shibli
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 10, 2001