AI-GEOSTATS: cross variograms and nugget

  • nanos@inia.es
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2001
      Hi all,
      My question is on cross-variogram calculation and specifically:
      I have a cross variogram that shows negative spatial correlation but there is a
      nugget effect which is positive. Another crossvariogram shows positive spatial
      correlation and the nugget effect is negative.
      My question is: what does the nugget effect imply in those cases and is it
      posible for two variables to present negative correlation at small distances
      and positive correlation at larger distances?

      Thanks in advance
      Nikos