Re: AI-GEOSTATS: random start in arc/info

  • Basil_LOH@ENV.gov.sg
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 29 11:12 PM
      Hi everyone,
      I am interested in this problem also. Does anyone know how to do what
      Ramesh wanted in Arvciew?

      Regards.
      Basil

      Ramesh
      Krishnamurthy To: ai-geostats@...
      <tragoram@yaho cc:
      o.com> Subject: AI-GEOSTATS: random start in
      Sent by: arc/info
      ai-geostats-li
      st@...

      30-08-2001
      00:47
      Please respond
      to Ramesh
      Krishnamurthy

      dear all,

      hope you won't mind for asking very basic question. i
      musk confess that i am new to the field (not more than
      6 months). in raster data, i am trying to calculate
      average for center cell based on the values in
      neighbouring cells (say 3 x 3 window). i could perform
      this by moving window average function (which is
      focalmean command in arcinfo). for each iteration, i
      want to start the window at random points. is it
      possible in Arc/info? i would be grateful if any one
      can tell me the command to do this fucntion in
      Arc/info software..and i would also like to know how
      the moving window function operates. hope you get my
      problem!

      regards

      ramesh

      any useful responses to your questions.

    • Nicholas Lewin-Koh
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 30 7:14 AM
        Hi,
        If you have the spatial analyst extention then it should not be hard to do
        in avenue. Same for Ramesh using aml.

        But now the question is what question do you want to answer with this
        procedure?

        Nicholas
        On Thu, 30 Aug 2001 Basil_LOH@... wrote:

        > Hi everyone,
        > I am interested in this problem also. Does anyone know how to do what
        > Ramesh wanted in Arvciew?
        >
        > Regards.
        > Basil
        >

        > Ramesh
        > Krishnamurthy To: ai-geostats@...
        > <tragoram@yaho cc:
        > o.com> Subject: AI-GEOSTATS: random start in
        > Sent by: arc/info
        > ai-geostats-li
        > st@...
        >

        > 30-08-2001
        > 00:47
        > Please respond
        > to Ramesh
        > Krishnamurthy
        >

        > dear all,
        >
        > hope you won't mind for asking very basic question. i
        > musk confess that i am new to the field (not more than
        > 6 months). in raster data, i am trying to calculate
        > average for center cell based on the values in
        > neighbouring cells (say 3 x 3 window). i could perform
        > this by moving window average function (which is
        > focalmean command in arcinfo). for each iteration, i
        > want to start the window at random points. is it
        > possible in Arc/info? i would be grateful if any one
        > can tell me the command to do this fucntion in
        > Arc/info software..and i would also like to know how
        > the moving window function operates. hope you get my
        > problem!
        >
        > regards
        >
        > ramesh

        > any useful responses to your questions.