AI-GEOSTATS: random start in arc/info

  • Ramesh Krishnamurthy
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 29, 2001
      dear all,

      hope you won't mind for asking very basic question. i
      musk confess that i am new to the field (not more than
      6 months). in raster data, i am trying to calculate
      average for center cell based on the values in
      neighbouring cells (say 3 x 3 window). i could perform
      this by moving window average function (which is
      focalmean command in arcinfo). for each iteration, i
      want to start the window at random points. is it
      possible in Arc/info? i would be grateful if any one
      can tell me the command to do this fucntion in
      Arc/info software..and i would also like to know how
      the moving window function operates. hope you get my
      problem!

      regards

      ramesh

    • Basil_LOH@ENV.gov.sg
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 29, 2001
        Hi everyone,
        I am interested in this problem also. Does anyone know how to do what
        Ramesh wanted in Arvciew?

        Regards.
        Basil

        Ramesh
        Krishnamurthy To: ai-geostats@...
        <tragoram@yaho cc:
        o.com> Subject: AI-GEOSTATS: random start in
        Sent by: arc/info
        ai-geostats-li
        st@...

        30-08-2001
        00:47
        Please respond
        to Ramesh
        Krishnamurthy

        dear all,

        hope you won't mind for asking very basic question. i
        musk confess that i am new to the field (not more than
        6 months). in raster data, i am trying to calculate
        average for center cell based on the values in
        neighbouring cells (say 3 x 3 window). i could perform
        this by moving window average function (which is
        focalmean command in arcinfo). for each iteration, i
        want to start the window at random points. is it
        possible in Arc/info? i would be grateful if any one
        can tell me the command to do this fucntion in
        Arc/info software..and i would also like to know how
        the moving window function operates. hope you get my
        problem!

        regards

        ramesh

        any useful responses to your questions.

      • Nicholas Lewin-Koh
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 30, 2001
          Hi,
          If you have the spatial analyst extention then it should not be hard to do
          in avenue. Same for Ramesh using aml.

          But now the question is what question do you want to answer with this
          procedure?

          Nicholas
          On Thu, 30 Aug 2001 Basil_LOH@... wrote:

          > Hi everyone,
          > I am interested in this problem also. Does anyone know how to do what
          > Ramesh wanted in Arvciew?
          >
          > Regards.
          > Basil
          >

          > Ramesh
          > Krishnamurthy To: ai-geostats@...
          > <tragoram@yaho cc:
          > o.com> Subject: AI-GEOSTATS: random start in
          > Sent by: arc/info
          > ai-geostats-li
          > st@...
          >

          > 30-08-2001
          > 00:47
          > Please respond
          > to Ramesh
          > Krishnamurthy
          >

          > dear all,
          >
          > hope you won't mind for asking very basic question. i
          > musk confess that i am new to the field (not more than
          > 6 months). in raster data, i am trying to calculate
          > average for center cell based on the values in
          > neighbouring cells (say 3 x 3 window). i could perform
          > this by moving window average function (which is
          > focalmean command in arcinfo). for each iteration, i
          > want to start the window at random points. is it
          > possible in Arc/info? i would be grateful if any one
          > can tell me the command to do this fucntion in
          > Arc/info software..and i would also like to know how
          > the moving window function operates. hope you get my
          > problem!
          >
          > regards
          >
          > ramesh

          > any useful responses to your questions.