- Do you like (or know someone who likes):
A POSITION AS A PHD-RESEARCHER
then please read on.
At the Institute for Biodiversity and Ecosystem Dynamics, University of
Amsterdam, we currently have a vacancy for a PhD-researcher on the project
Incorporating process-knowledge in spatio-temporal kriging of soil
variables. The aim of this project is to build and apply statistical models
that can satisfactorily describe and predict the behaviour of soil variables
over space and time. And that do so in a way that observations and physical
process knowledge are both exploited. We believe that the direction to go
forward is that of space-time Kalman filtering. Much more information on
this project (such as the full project proposal) can be obtained from Gerard
Heuvelink (g.b.m.heuvelink@..., telephone (+)31 20 5257448,
We are seeking candidates that have finished a Masters in the (natural)
sciences, preferably in the Earth Sciences, (Applied) Mathematics,
Statistics or Econometrics. The person we seek loves to work with equations
and loves to put them into computer code, but must at the same time find
much motivation and inspiration from applying mathematical models to real
world problems. Of course the project should lead to a PhD-thesis.
The project lasts for four years, and must commence before the end of this
year. Part of the project is a three months working visit to partners in the
USA and/or Australia in the second year of the project. The monthly salary
starts at about 1450 (currently 1 equals about 0.91 US$) in the first
year to about 2050 in the fourth.
Applications (letter and curriculum vitae) must arrive BEFORE 1 OCTOBER
2001. Please send your application to:
Dr. Gerard B.M. Heuvelink
Universiteit van Amsterdam
Nieuwe Achtergracht 166
1018 WV Amsterdam
Application through E-mail or FAX is also accepted:
g.b.m.heuvelink@... / (+)31 20 5257431
* To post a message to the list, send it to ai-geostats@...
* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful responses to your questions.
* To unsubscribe, send an email to majordomo@... with no subject and "unsubscribe ai-geostats" followed by "end" on the next line in the message body. DO NOT SEND Subscribe/Unsubscribe requests to the list
* Support to the list is provided at http://www.ai-geostats.org