Re: AI-GEOSTATS: help on GS+ and sciencedirect

  • claudio.cocheo
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 7, 2001
      Hi,

      > I have the 3.1 version of GS+ and everything is going ok, but when I
      > ask for the program to make the color maps i get these
      > crazy
      > squares and nothing related to what I want. Also the
      > example data that
      > comes with the program also gives these crazy results.
      >
      > I've install the GS+ in a several computer computers and
      > the result
      > was the same, except in one laptop.
      >
      > Does any one has some idea or suggestion ???

      I've have had a similar problem with GS+. Every time I tried to set the
      model parameter the values inserted became crazy, the same "crazyness" being
      true for kriging results.
      After contacting the producer of GS+ I found that the problem was a
      consequence of the international setting of my PC: I was using Italian
      standard and GS+ was not able to adapt itself to this setting.

      Suggestion: try to control your international setting (if you are using
      Windows 9x version, inspect in your Control Panel). Choose English (USA) as
      standard language and use "."
      as decimal separator and "," for thousands. Finally shootdown your PC and
      restart.

      ciao
      Claudio

      Claudio Cocheo