AI-GEOSTATS: help on GS+ and sciencedirect

  • jorge_jesus@aeiou.pt
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 6, 2001
      I have the 3.1 version of GS+ and everything is going ok, but when I
      ask for the program to make the color maps i get these
      crazy
      squares and nothing related to what I want. Also the
      example data that
      comes with the program also gives these crazy results.

      I've install the GS+ in a several computer computers and
      the result
      was the same, except in one laptop.

      Does any one has some idea or suggestion ???

      Also does anyone could give me a password/login for
      sciencedirect, my
      university has no password/login and I need some papers
      about
      geostats.

      Thanks

      Superutil: Ideias uteis e originais
      http://superutil.co.pt

    • jorge_jesus@aeiou.pt

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 7, 2001
          Hi,

          > I have the 3.1 version of GS+ and everything is going ok, but when I
          > ask for the program to make the color maps i get these
          > crazy
          > squares and nothing related to what I want. Also the
          > example data that
          > comes with the program also gives these crazy results.
          >
          > I've install the GS+ in a several computer computers and
          > the result
          > was the same, except in one laptop.
          >
          > Does any one has some idea or suggestion ???

          I've have had a similar problem with GS+. Every time I tried to set the
          model parameter the values inserted became crazy, the same "crazyness" being
          true for kriging results.
          After contacting the producer of GS+ I found that the problem was a
          consequence of the international setting of my PC: I was using Italian
          standard and GS+ was not able to adapt itself to this setting.

          Suggestion: try to control your international setting (if you are using
          Windows 9x version, inspect in your Control Panel). Choose English (USA) as
          standard language and use "."
          as decimal separator and "," for thousands. Finally shootdown your PC and
          restart.

          ciao
          Claudio

          Claudio Cocheo