AI-GEOSTATS: Number and location of environmental health offices

  • Basil_LOH@ENV.gov.sg
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13, 2001
      Hi everyone,

      Thank you so much for those who replied so quickly to my earlier e-mail
      with great advise on how I could solve my problem.

      Here's another one-- unrelated to the first:

      We are trying to re-locate our present 6 environmental health offices to
      better places to serve the public. The main functions of each office are
      cleaning up roads and drains, checking on the hygiene of food
      establishments, performing mosquito surveillance, issuing licenses to the
      public, public education, ...etc.

      How can I determine the best number of health offices to have to serve the
      population? And where are the best locations for these offices?
      As you already know, I have a data on the spatial distribution of
      population as a GIS polygon layer.

      Thanks very much for your help, everyone. Have a great weekend!

      Basil
      Ministry of the Environment
      Singapore