AI-GEOSTATS: nugget of a "support"-variogram, given a pointvariogram

  • Pol Hermans
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 18, 2000
      Dear members of the list,

      I'm a mining engineering student, following an introductional geostatistics course (22.5h).

      In a theoretical exercise, a point-semivariogram is given with a certain nugget-effect. In addition, the point-data are characterized by a Gaussian distribution. "Support"-data are characterized by a Gaussian distribution too, having the same mean and a smaller s. Due to this smaller s, the "support"-semivariogram is smaller then the point-semivariogram.
      What about the nugget-effect of this "support"-variogram? Is it related to the nugget-effect of the point-variogram? What is this relationship, or were can I read more about it?

      Thanks in advance,

      Pol Hermans