AI-GEOSTATS: cokriging wildlife density: thanks & specifications

  • Daniele Iannuzzo
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2001
      Hi, Isobel,
      thank you very much for your exahustive and deeply useful explanations!

      Yes! I have something like a sill, that, if I understood correctly, should put me on the safe side choosing to use ordinary cokriging.

      About my first question: yes! I have repeated measures of density in each sampling area, and this allows me to have confidence intervals. My next question: these estimates don't share the same accuracy, there are confidence intervals narrower or larger then others. So, what the variance to account for in the semi-variogram? An average of my estimates variance? The largest?

      About my third question: I had no answers for it. Maybe I was not enough fair in explaining the problem, or maybe there are not solutions. To be sure I'll try to explain better:

      my doubt: imagine I collect some estimates of a variable, and I have un uncertainty about them, say a 95% confidence interval of 20, and I know this uncertainty. Now I develop a kriging model to predict my variable, and I cross-validate it. Well, even if I had a perfect model, completely precise and accurate, I should have a MAE of 10, more or less. Do someone think this is correct? And, given that I know the uncertainty about my estimates, is there a way to 'correct' the MAE of my cross-validation accounting for it?

      Greetings to all list members.

      X Isobel - I ignored the presence of the King in Frascati (and the same everyone around me). Usually people from Roma goes to Frascati just to spend the evening drinking. I'll spread the information and I will look like an history expert, so thank you again!

      Cheers!

      Daniele