AI-GEOSTATS: Golp

  • Friedman, Roger
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2001
      Folks --
      A recent exchange between daiane and Benjamin Warr used the word
      "golp" apparently to indicate a [standardized?] blow for the purpose of
      driving in a measuring rod. I do not find this word in any dictionary.
      Does anyone know its origin? Does it have anything to do with the Spanish
      word "golpear", to strike a blow?
      Thanks, Roger

    • WARR Benjamin
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 29, 2001
        Hi Roger,

        to be honest I have never heard of a golp either adn was rather foolishly
        trying to hide my technical ignorance by assuming the somewhat mediaeval
        sounding "tech. speak" of Daiane. Onomatapaeically I imagined that a "golp"
        was a blow as that is how these data are collected. I like golp, I suggest
        that it be ISO'd and accepted as standard.

        Anyway, seriously - do people agree with me that a golp is actually additive
        to all intents and purposes ?

        Ben