R: AI-GEOSTATS: Cokriging wildlife density

  • Daniele Iannuzzo
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2001
      you wrote:

      > your English beats my attempts at any other language hands down. my
      > only question (I'm not a cokriging expert) is regarding the potential
      > for measurement error: if deer are continually on the move, then I
      > wonder if you might, by force, end up with a substantial positioning
      > error contribution to the nugget? cheers, Brian Gray

      So, Brian, probably communication problems are even deeper than I expected.
      After a quarter of an hour of English dictionary consultation (to translate
      your first sentence), I think to have concluded that perhaps my English is
      as bad as my 'statisticish'.
      My density estimate is obtained by 'averaging' the position of deer by
      radiotelemetry, i.e., given a population in a place, I put some boundaries
      on a map, and I count the fraction of positions of the radiotagged sample of
      the population that are inside these boundaries. My aim is to obtain in this
      way the 'average density' in that place.
      Do you think this procedure could avoid the problems that deer mobility can
      give to the reliability of the confidence interval? And then, as I never
      listened about positioning error contribution to the nugget, where could I
      find some references?

      Thank you very much!

      Daniele