AI-GEOSTATS: Marrons I Statistic

  • Yadollah Waghei
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2001
      Hello AI-Geostats members
      I saw Marrons I Statistic in GS+ Software. It is an statistic computed in each lags as follow:

      N(h){sum(Zi*Zj)/sum(Zi^2)}

      This statistics and its plot arise for me two problem:
      - Is it the correlation function?
      - How can interpret this statistics or its plot?
      (Also I think that N(h) needs the power -1, i.e 1/N(h) is the correct not N(h)!).

      I have another question about GS+ method for semi-variogram model fitting:
      --- By which method GS+ estimates the parameters of semi-variogram? (By Least Square, Generalized Least Square, Maximum Likelihood,...?)

      Yadollah Waghei
      Dep.of Biostatistics
      Tarbiat Modarres Univ.(Tehran)Po.Box: 14115-111
      Tel:8011001-3872 Fax:8007989
      Visit http://www.visto.com/info, your free web-based communications center.
      Visto.com. Life on the Dot.