AI-GEOSTATS: Need to SPLUS functions for Universal Kriging and Simulation...

  • Yadollah Waghei
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 23, 2001
      Hello, Dear Members
      I work in Spatial Statistics context, and write my programs in SPLUS. Now I need to user written SPLUS functions for both Universal Kriging, and simulation random fields in 2-dimensional space.
      For simulation I have seen the article:
      E. Pardo_Iguzquiza and M. Chica-Olm.(1993) "The Fourier Integral Method: An Efficient Spectral Method for Simulation Random Fields", Mathematics in Geology Vol.25 No.2
      (But I need to SPLUS functions to do it, if written by someone)

      Thank you
      Waghei
      Dep.of Biostatistics
      Tarbiat Modarres Univ.(Tehran)Po.Box: 14115-111
      Tel:8011001-3872 Fax:8007989
      Visit http://www.visto.com/info, your free web-based communications center.
      Visto.com. Life on the Dot.

    • Paulo Justiniano Ribeiro Jr
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 24, 2001
        There are packages in R (which is very similar to S-PLUS) able to do this:
        R's web page is: www.r-project.org
        And the packages to look at are in the contributed session at:
        cran.r-project.org

        The packages are:
        RandomFields
        geoR (with extra information at www.maths.lancs.ac.uk/~ribeiro/geoR.html)

        On Sat, 23 Jun 2001, Yadollah Waghei wrote:

        > Hello, Dear Members
        > I work in Spatial Statistics context, and write my programs in SPLUS. Now I need to user written SPLUS functions for both Universal Kriging, and simulation random fields in 2-dimensional space.
        > For simulation I have seen the article:
        > E. Pardo_Iguzquiza and M. Chica-Olm.(1993) "The Fourier Integral Method: An Efficient Spectral Method for Simulation Random Fields", Mathematics in Geology Vol.25 No.2
        > (But I need to SPLUS functions to do it, if written by someone)
        >
        > Thank you
        > Waghei
        > Dep.of Biostatistics
        > Tarbiat Modarres Univ.(Tehran)Po.Box: 14115-111
        > Tel:8011001-3872 Fax:8007989
        > Visit http://www.visto.com/info, your free web-based communications center.
        > Visto.com. Life on the Dot.

        Paulo Justiniano Ribeiro Jr