AI-GEOSTATS: Help

  • Davide Viggiano
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 21, 2001
      Hello,
      I am a new one. Maybe someone has an answer for my question:
      I work on the biological tissues. I can obtain the relative position of all
      the cells in a tissue and the concentration of anything in each of them. I
      haven't seen any literature how to handle these data, but I think
      geostatistic techniques could be useful. I am starting to study with
      variograms if there is a spatial correlation and if this changes in
      different directions. However, the shape of the variogram changes when I am
      looking for the same tissue but in different people. Is there a way to
      obtain a "mean semivariogram" that somehow extract the underlying positional
      law respected in all individuals?
      Thanks
      Davide

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 21, 2001
        Davide

        Unless you get software which allows you to code
        samples by 'individual', the simplest way is to output
        the calculated semi-variogram for each individual and
        then use a spreadsheet to combine them, weighted by
        the number of pairs in each case.

        Isobel Clark
        http://geoecosse.bizland.com