  • Peter Atkinson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 15, 2001
      Dear All

      UNCERTAINTY 2001

      Plans for the 'Uncertainty in Remote Sensing and GIS' conference to be held
      in Southampton on 3-4th July 2001 are now well advanced. Due to the level
      of interest in the meeting and generous sponsorship, particularly from
      Taylor and Francis, it looks as if the full evening meal on 3rd July will
      be entirely free to delegates (including coach trip to the venue). In
      addition, coffee and tea on both days and lunch on the second day are
      included in the registration price.

      ***Please note that (thanks to generous sponsorship) the registration fee
      for postgraduates is only £10 (to include all of the above)! We would like
      to encourage postgraduates, in particular, to attend. If you run an MSc
      course in a related field we would be very grateful if you would pass this
      information on to them.***

      The full programme is available here:

      The deadline for registration has passed. However, we shall be able to
      accept payment up to and including the day of the conference (although it
      would be preferable to pay in advance).

      Could you please print out the form available from

      and return it to the local secretary, Andrew Tatem, at the address below
      together with a cheque made payable to the 'University of Southampton'.

      We look forward to seeing you in Southampton in July.

      With best wishes

      Peter Atkinson and Giles Foody

      Dr. Peter Atkinson Department of Geography
      Reader in Geography University of Southampton
      Tel. +44 (0) 23 8059 4617 Highfield
      FAX. +44 (0) 23 8059 3295 Southampton
      E.mail. pma@... SO17 1BJ