AI-GEOSTATS: software spatial logistic regression

  • "Stüger, Hans-Peter"
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 8, 2001
      We are beginning to use the SpatialStats module of Splus for some research
      projects and found the following problem. The gui only offers linear
      regression in "spatial regression". We have a logistic problem (risk of land
      slides). My question
      is, if someone knows any software solutions for autologistic spatial
      problems especially in combination with splus or MATLAB. An additional
      complicating aspect is the size of the data set. (originally 650.000 pixels,
      now a random sample of 300.000)
      Maybe someone can help me.
      Kind regards

      > Mag. Hans Peter Stüger
      > JOANNEUM RESEARCH
      > Institut für Angewandte Statistik und Systemanalyse
      > Institute of Applied Statistics and Systems Analysis
      > Steyrergasse 25a, A-8010 Graz
      > Austria
      > Tel.: (++43 316) 876-1562
      > Fax.: (++43 316) 876-9-1562
      > mailto:hans-peter.stueger@...

    • Ir. B. Bakker
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 8, 2001
        indeed, Splus does not support many of its spatialstats functions via a gui
        (weird huh?!).

        The regression functions (CAR, SAR and MA) can be used ONLY by using the
        command line (e.g. commands such as slm, CAR, SAR, MA or cov.family). See
        "S+Spatialstats user's manual for Windows and Unix" for an example.

        hope this helps.

      • wthogma@siu.edu
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 8, 2001
          That's not correct. There is a menu-driven spatial linear
          regression function (see Spatial.Regression.Dialog under help
          index), but like many gui functions, it isn't as flexible as the
          command line.

          As far as spatial logistic or autologistic regression, Jennifer
          Hoeting and Ed Huffer each have Splus scripts. They're pretty
          involved and not for the faint of heart. The exact locations for
          the scripts are easily obtained either in a web-search or in a
          search of the S archives

          Wayne Thogmartin

          ai-geostats@...
          > > * As a general service to the users, please remember to post
          > > summary of any useful responses to your questions.
          the
          > > next line in the message body. DO NOT SEND
          Subscribe/Unsubscribe
          http://www.ai-geostats.org

          > * As a general service to the users, please remember to post a
          summary of any useful
          ai-geostats" followed by "end" on the next line in the message
          body. DO NOT SEND
          Subscribe/Unsubscribe requests to the list

          This message was sent using SIU Webmail Server.