RE: [ai-geostats] Comparing autocorrelation (semivariogram) surfaces

  • seba
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 28, 2006
      Ciao Gregoire

      I had the feeling that you need some automatic stuff!!!
      In this case, probably, the idea to compare variogram model parameters isn't good because of in this case you should
      also consider how good is the fit of variogram models.
      But, considering that every cell of the variogram surface matrix is an estimate derived from a population of pairs (or better squared differences), classical statistical tests
      seem applicable: well! how to aggregate the tests of the single cells that constitute the variogram ?
      Hoping that my discussion has some sense, good luck!
      Sebastiano

      At 16.50 28/03/2006, Gregoire Dubois wrote:
      Ciao Sebastiano,

      actually I am looking for statistical tests for comparing two variogram grids of two different variables to quantify probabilities to have both variables having similar anisotropies/behaviour in space...

      I would like to avoid the visual approach as I can't run this in batch...

      Thanks for the feedback !

      Cheers

      Gregoire

      Gregoire Dubois (Ph.D.)

      European Commission (EC)
      Joint Research Centre (JRC)
      WWW: http://www.ai-geostats.org

      "The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not in any circumstances be regarded as stating an official position of the European Commission."