[ai-geostats] nested structures

  • Cardellini C.
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 28, 2006
      Dear List members,
      can you suggest papers or book about the interpretation (e.g.
      geologic interpretation) of nested structures?
      More in detail I have data set with a variogram that suggests two
      structures with two different ranges. Performing a map using
      sequential simulation the results is a numbers of "anomalous" areas
      separated one to the other but located along a direction. The
      "anomalous" areas have a dimension much smaller than the "trend" that
      all together describe. The two structures of the variogram cam be
      related to that?
      Thanks in advance.
      Carlo
    • diane poon
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 28, 2006
        if anyone has information on this i'd love to hear it
        I also have nested structures from my semi-variogram analysis of peatland structures

        diane

        On 3/28/06, Cardellini C. <geochem@...> wrote:
        Dear List members,
        can you suggest papers or book about the interpretation (e.g.
        geologic interpretation) of nested structures?
        More in detail I have data set with a variogram that suggests two
        structures with two different ranges. Performing a map using
        sequential simulation the results is a numbers of "anomalous" areas
        separated one to the other but located along a direction. The
        "anomalous" areas have a dimension much smaller than the "trend" that
        all together describe. The two structures of the variogram cam be
        related to that?
        Thanks in advance.
        Carlo

        Signoff ai-geostats