Re: [ai-geostats] a memory question

  • seba
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 21, 2006
      HI
      Some time ago I had to analyze elevation data derived from airborne laser
      scanner.....a huge amount of data!
      For example I had a dataset with 9.5 millions datavalues. I was able to
      load this datafile (and perform interpolation) both in Arcgis, Grass5 and
      surfer 8. I didn't tried it, but I guess that also Gstat and Gslib routines
      (recompiling!!!) should work. Consider also that I had not a really
      powerful PC (celeron 2000 GHz with 600 Mb of memory).
      Bye
      Sebastiano